As a local business, you must get your business listed in all of the major online directories. Many of these directories are well known websites like Facebook, Google+ & Yelp.
While many business owners quickly recognise the importance of the major search engines, the importance of the less popular local online profile websites is lost to them.
Having your business listed on as many online local directories as possible is the best way to make sure your business is visible in as many searches as possible. Many directories may not be important to you, and may not produce traffic, but they are important to Google. Creating these inbound links will boost your rankings.
Ready to get your business listed in all the right search engines and directories that matter? Here is the list of the top 50 places you can list your website and your business for free! Following the list are a few pointers for how to get the most out of your local listing profiles.
Our service will list you in 200 directories. It is a very time consuming operation and you make thing it is worth paying someone else (like us) to do it. If you want to give it a go with the top 50, here's the list...
- Better Business Bureau
- Angie's List
- Merchant Circle
- Dex Media
- Discover Our Town
- EZ Local
- Local Site Submit
- Get Fave
- My Huckleberry
- Magic Yellow
- Map Creator
- Judy's Book
- Home Advisor
There is more to just listing your business on these directories however. Be sure to follow the checklist below to make sure that your listings work for you and generate the largest amount of reach for mobile and local internet searches.
- Consistent NAP making sure that your business's Name, Address & Phone number is the same (exactly the same) on every listing is vital.
- Detailed Company Description Let your company shine with a great business description. You should highlight your company's history and product / service offering.
- Link to Your Website One of the greatest strength of local online profiles is how they link to your website; this has the potential to drive massive amounts of traffic to your website. Local listings are mostly used in local, mobile searches, be sure your website is mobile-friendly or you could be losing visitors fast.
- Claim the Listing Some local search engines allow a user to claim their profile through a short verification process. Claiming a profile can increase the reach of your profile immensely.
- Secondary Business Information Over 30% of all local searches are for the phone number, address, or hours of operation of a business. Be sure to include items like hours of operation, menu, calendar of events, etc on your local profiles.
- Pictures & Videos Media items like photos and videos have a much higher conversion rate than standard text. Be sure to load images and videos to your profiles.
- Customer Reviews Reviews send signals of confidence to search engines and mark engagement from customers. You should always encourage customers to leave reviews of your business and respond to those reviews. We recommend you use Google or Facebook to gather reviews.